Saturday, October 18, 2008

Conan Conquers Ebay ( Part II )

Okay everybody, here's even more Conan goodies found on Ebay that I thought were worth noting.

A while back I did a quick blog on Conan t-shirts and I was surprised at how many there were out there. Well, here's one I hadn't seen before. It looks like an authentic vintage shirt promoting Conan the Destroyer, note how it says "Conan II" on it. It also appears to come with stains from a meatball sub mishap... but that is another story...
Photobucket

Here's another pick of the Thulsa Doom cult logo shirt that is all over Ebay, but this time there's a (somewhat) hot goth chick wearing it, and that's all it takes for me to post it in my blog...
Photobucket

Here's an original piece of art by Anthony Castrillo. Now, the seller claimed it was Conan but had a question mark after the name as if he/she was unsure. And I'm not so sure either. Sorry the pic is so small, but take a look for yourselves. It definitely looks like Conan, but I'm a little thrown off by the flaming sword (a la Thundarr) and what appears to be a mechanical, or at least gauntleted hand (a la Claw the Unconquered), so I'm just not sure. If anyone knows that this is indeed another character altogether, please fill us in! There's always the chance I could be over thinking this because I'm a big dorky nerd. So take that into account as well...
Photobucket

*UPDATE* I just heard from
Anthony Castrillo himself and he pointed out that this fellow is NOT Conan after all. In fact, Anthony couldn't even remember when he drew the piece, so it's still a mystery! But it's a bad ass piece of art nonetheless, so I'm leaving it up!

This next pic, shouldn't even be posted here, but I just have to do it. One of the perils of trying to find Conan stuff on Ebay (besides looking past all of the Detective Conan, Arthue Conan Doyle and Conan O'Brien posts) is that many people just think that anything slightly barbaric is "Conan", kind of like all cotton swabs are Q-tips or something. So every now and then I run into crap like this...

Photobucket

Ummm... I highly doubt that this is a costume from some official "Conan Collection". They just stuck poor Arnold's face on there and called it a day. And could they have found a guy that looks any LESS like Conan?! Hmmm... How about that bald guy in the black dress shoes? PEFECT!

Anyway, moving on...

Back in the day, I went through a trading card phase until I realized I was spending WAY too much money of pieces of cardboard with ink on them, so I knocked it off. But I still wouldn't mind getting my hands on some of these Conan trading cards. I have a few from the series, but not the whole set or anything. One day, I'll probably get them, but in the meantime I'll keep spending WAY too much money on D&D miniatures and comic books (I am such a nerd)...

Photobucket

Photobucket

No here's something you don't see every day. This is a beautiful in-store promotional display for the classic Marvel comic magazine, Savage Tales Featuring Conan. This would just be wicked cool to have hung up somewhere...

Photobucket

And then I found some more promotional cards that appear to be the kind of thing you get on the free swag table at any old comicbook or gaming convention, and they apparently are promoting the Conan comics and new video game. Okay, these aren't that cool, but I'm posting them anyway!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And finally, this last piece is just awesome. back when the first Conan movie came out, there was a lot of buzz and promotion for it. All kinds of magazine wanted Arnold on their covers, and he was everywhere! But I really love this issue of Movie News Magazine because this time Sandahl Bergman, our very own Valeria, got the spotlight...

Photobucket

That's it for today, fellow warriors! I'll be back soone with more Conan stuff!

No comments: