Saturday, October 18, 2008

Conan Fan Art! (Part 3)

Welcome fellow warriors to another installment of Conan Fan Art!

It’s amazing how much Conan art is out there by die-hard fans. Okay, not all the artists are die-hard fans, some are just swiping Conan’s image. Some are greatly talented, some are not. But I want to make fully clear that I think they’re all great even if I make fun of them a little.

I had to come up with some rules to whether or not I post some of this art. Mainly, it has to be titled/labeled "Conan" is some way shape or form and has to at least appear to be inspired by the Conan character.

So without further ado...

This first one is a prime example. There’s no way that you can tell this is supposed to be Conan from the knees down and I don’t recognize that sword from any movies, coics, etc. I also don’t remember Conan ever wearing black high tops, but it was titled "Conan" so it made it into the blog!
Photobucket

Next we have another one that came up on a keyword search for "Conan" and admittedly looks like him. I think I remember a story where Conan wore a tie and talked on a cordless phone, right? Hmmm... maybe not.
Photobucket

Here we have Conan drawn by somebody who really, really, really, really, really, really likes to draw great big bulging VEINS...
Photobucket

Here’s our first digital painting done in a cool cartoon style of our favorite barbarian. This one ROCKS!
Photobucket

Speaking of cartoon Conans...
Photobucket

ARGH! The cartoon Conans never stop! I love the style on this one despite the fish lips. Mauybe Conan tried to plant one on Red Sonja and she bit him right on the whistler. No he’s all swollen and is even harder to understand...
Photobucket

That’s it for now! See you soon with more barbaric blogging!

No comments: