Saturday, October 18, 2008

Original Conan Art!

Hail All!
So, yeah, it's been a while, but I finally got a few minutes to throw some stuff up onto the blog that I have stumbled across since we last talked.

Today I wanted to show you all some of the badass original Conan art that I found while trolling around eBay. I swear to Crom, that if I had the gold to spare I would have snapped these pieces up!

The first one I found was from one of my favorite Conan comicbook artists, Raphael Kayanan, who did the Conan the Adventurer series for Marvel back in te day. I always thought his work was wicked original and right there on eBay was this awesome original cover for issue 2. Check it out...

Photobucket

Here's what the published comic looked like...

Photobucket

Then, I found this little beauty. One of my favorite cover from Conan the Barbarian was this killer piece by Kaluta...

Photobucket

And lo and behold, here is the original, up for sale on eBay! It was clocking in at almost $1000 when last I looked, so I had to content myself with just drooling over it...

Photobucket

And finally, I have no idea who did this painting, and I'm not sure if it was a published piece or not, but I thought it was sweet enough to post here. Feast your eyes on this beauty...

Photobucket

That's it for today, but I have tons more Conan stuff to share, so stay tuned!

No comments: