Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Photobucket is Screwing Over Their Users...

Well, it seems like the bastards at Photobucket have done it again. I have occasionally run into exceeding bandwidth problems due to either uploading too many pics to a free account or other people hotlinking to my images, but now this is all on Photobucket. You see, they originally allowed free users a cap of 25 gigs of bandwidth each month, so I became quite adept at knowing about how many pics I could host per account before going over that limit. Well, they suddenly just dropped the cap from 25 to 10.

So, basically this means that no matter what, all the pics that I have posted on this blog are going to magically turn into "Exceeded Bandwidth" graphics every month. There's no way to stop it.

And for that, I've made Photobucket this sandwich...

Photobucket

With that said, you've probably guessed that I will no longer be using Photobucket. I have finally decided to man up, quit being a cheap ass, and plunk down the cash for a pro Flickr account, which will give me unlimted hosting and we won't have this problem again. Huh, look at that, Flickr is cheaper too, and they don't censor your images if you show the hint of a buttcrack or something, like another image hosting site that I may have mentioned before.

I apologize to you all for having to look at pictures that aren't there. I guess I'm going to have to go through every single post and replace the pics with newly hosted copies on my Flickr account. This may take a while. Sorry about this everyone.

*EDIT* Okay, I have calmed down a bit, the problem is solved an we can all move on. I've still got a lot of work ahead of me, fixing all of these posts. Ugh. I took out the majority of the f-bombs in my rant, but the fuck you sandwich stays for Photobucket to choke on! ;)

4 comments:

Jack Badelaire said...

Thumbs up, dude.

Cromsblood said...

I bet that felt good man. Kudos to you! I'm a cheap bastard and I don't have a lot of pics to repost, so I'm going to give imgboot a try. Not as fully featured as Fuckbucket, but currently no restrictions, other than the removal of "inappropriate" material, hopefully they're not as unpredictable and anal about it.

wiec? said...

tip of the cap to you bro. the sandwich was a nice touch. throw some rusty nails in there before you shove down their throats. photobucket got me steamed too.

Anonymous said...

with all the crap going around these days..why do they have to mess around with things like this?
The nusiance and hassle of having to do it all over again..UGHH! WEll DESPITE THE FACT THAT IT'S your blog...all your friends are with you 100% we got your back. ........Mikeyboy