Sunday, October 9, 2011

CONAN the Destroyer lobby card




I've see the film about two dozen times and I enjoy it thoroughly. There are some areas I do not care for. Conan is not his own comedy relief so " Lot on your knife " and the " Promise I was Kingdomed. " are just not funny to me. But visually...Arnold was never in better shape. So when he was wielding his sword and a battle axe toward the end there where Dagoth was being raised from his slumber I was diggin' it. Conan was BADASS! He was running around and hacking and chopping dudes to the left and to the right. What was cooler than that?!

On occasion I surf Ebay looking for posters or odds and ends or whatever I don't have in my CONAN collection of coolocity and I came across this lobby card. It's the end sequence caught in glorious bloody color. Conan has blood on his head and the wind is blowing and you can tell that the entire scene was just chaos as the battle raged on.

Well I caught the auction a little too late and it was already over. It must have just ended as I found it because when I went back to find it it was nowhere to be found. Lucky for me...I right clicked. :) ....I'd hang this up in a frame in my living room. Plus...Olivia is looking sweet too.

1 comment:

Charles R. Rutledge said...

I know this is heresy with some people, but I always preferred Conan the Destroyer to Conan the Barbarian. It was just more fun.