Friday, December 16, 2011

CONAN Movie special cover by Earl Norem





I wanted to break the streak of parody posts ( Not that it's just not funny but after the Cuomo thing I had to change the pace. ) But I wanted to share this awesome Earl Norem cover on the paperback version of the Marvel comics Conan the barbarian movie adaptation with interiors of course by John Buscema. The Marvel super special contains the same art. The back cover is also just as awesome as the montage piece by Buscema makes a nifty back cover. Norem's version of Arnold's likeness is also pretty damned cool too. I read this book more often than I do the magazine and I almost never touch the 2 part comic book. Norem's interpretation of the famous Movie poster is in my opinion just as good if not better. I am certainly glad they issued the book with a different cover. Seeing Earl's painting brings a certain thrill and chill...it brings me right back to the day when Conan the Barbarian hit the screens for the first time. Probably the coolest movie ever...EVER!!!

2 comments:

Max said...

That cover was for the original soundtrack CD as well. At least in Spain.

Dominic said...

Definitely one of my favorite comic covers of all time. I've redrawn this one myself and spent endless hours rereading this digest. It still holds a place of pride on my bookshelf.